Dermal filler injections are used to fill and smooth lines, wrinkles, deep folds that naturally occur with aging. They can also be used to restore and enhance youthful curves and contours of your face by adding volume and definition.
The fillers we use contain hyaluronic acid, which is naturally occurring in the body. It holds up to 10000 times it’s weight in water so improves the elasticity of the skin and creating volume which helps reduce the normal signs of ageing .
Common areas treated are the lips, cheeks, jaw, chin, temples and under eyes.
The price varies based on the area being treated and amount required. This will be discussed on consultation
Results are visible immediately and optimal at 4 weeks. They can last anywhere from 6-18 months , depending on the area treated , product used and your own metabolism. The dermal filler will gradually and naturally degrade in the body. Regular treatments (usually annually) will help to maintain results.
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE
• Is hypersensitive to ingredients including hyaluronic acid, lidocaine, amide- type local anaesthetics and strep type-A gram-positive bacterial proteins
• Has severe allergies manifested by a history of anaphylaxis, or history or presence of multiple severe allergies
• Has a specific allergy to bee or wasp stings
• Currently has an active skin infection, cold sores, sunburn, eczema, psoriasis or a healing wound
• Currently has concurrent febrile status (e.g. flu, cold, sinusitis, UTI)
• Has had major dental work in the past four weeks, or scheduled in the next four weeks(including wisdom teeth removal, root canal or any procedure related to the soft tissue (gum disease), veneers, crowns, bridges, dentures, and the fitting of braces)
• Has had minor dental work within the last two weeks or scheduled in the next two weeks (including scale and clean, routine tooth extraction, fillings, and tooth whitening)
• Has been given antibiotics post dental intervention (a period of two weeks is required before filler can be given)
• Has a history of hypertrophic scarring
• Is pregnant, breastfeeding or actively trying to conceive
• Is under 18 years of age
• Has had a rhinoplasty. In this instance, the client will need written authorisation from their treating surgeon
• Has received a vaccination for COVID-19 or influenza within the last 2 weeks, or has a vaccination planned within the next 2 weeks
• Has any planned surgical procedure 4 weeks pre or post appointment
• Has any planned Laser Fraxel procedure 2 weeks pre/post appointment
• Keep the injection site clean
• No makeup for 24 h
• Take non sedating anti-histamines as required to reduce swelling
• Apply a cool compress to the site to reduce swelling but do not apply ice
• Avoid any other facial treatments immediately after treatment
• Avoid excessive pressure or any ‘facing-down’ (e.g. massage) treatments for 24 hours
• Avoid strenuous exercise and exposure to heat for the first 24 hours
• Avoid saunas/steam rooms for two weeks
• Avoid any travel requiring flying for two weeks